Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Good As It Gets...

4 points of interest....

1.. You know its good when you pull a muscle claiming a wave. That's how good it was the other day.


The Puravida band wagon was rolling west on what I thought was a dubious forecast for this particular spot as its incredibly swell sensitive. Turns out that captain Brookes nailed this one spot on.

Probably the best day ive had there since i first stumbled across it 8 years back. Logo to mast and breaking from the out side bombie to the main point. The last one I had went all the way through to the beach. That's along way and a long time to be making turns. The longest wave I've ever had. I'd tell you how long it was but it would sound like bullshit so I won't.

Dej Serra is quickly becoming a standout. Fully committed under any size section. Some big hits out there fella. The whole crew were on fire all morning Jim Brookes, Jony Price, Pete Bird all had some screamers, it was like a conveyer belt of perfect walls. Classic watching every one ripping as you sailed back out the channel.

Epic day.

2..

Ross Williams at Whitesands.

Last week this man took a pretty average day at Whitesands and smashed it to pieces. One of the most impressive shows of waveriding I've ever seen.

3..

Simmer windsurf boards.

Every now and then a board comes out that takes the imagination of the windsurfing public, the first Mistral twinzers, Starboard evo 74 etc.

It took me 3 months to wrestle the Simmers boards out of Jim Puravida's hands. I can see why.

The Quantum 95l performs like no other 95 l wave board of any manufactures 2012/13 line up. Fact, I've used them all. I sailed it in the British Champs down in Cornwall a few weeks back in pretty dire conditions. It holds speed and hooks off the top harder than you could believe for a board of this size. I sailed it against what thought were the top performing 90 ish wave boards at Whitesands last week too, it's in a different class.

Stand-out, classic in the making.


4..

K4 Asymmetric Ezzy Line..

They just work better. I don't know why the board manufactures don't put more toe in as standard, it seems crazy after using these pre offset K4's. Noticeably better in a quad and essential for the majority of the tri fins I've used..

Top job..











No comments:

Post a Comment